A product of the SN 1604 Nova Remnant Dispersal Depository
In the fourth year before the nova, an organization undertook a plan to spread the system’s cultural artefacts throughout near space using the nova’s dying light and blast front. In the years between the founding of the organization and the supernova, the organization expended its resources to fulfill its founders’ vision. Various technologies would be used to perform this dispersal, including lightsails, waveriders, and ephemeral masers.
Uncertainty surrounding the phenomena of nova waveriders and lightsails led to inaccurate estimations of the required physics. When the nova occurred, only one lightsail rode out the wavefront.
Lightsail Library brings these works to your infosphere as part of the SN 1604 Nova Remnant Dispersal Depository’s mission to spread the remaining culture of SN 1604’s system to the far reaches of space.
Please enjoy your browsing.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I check out books?
- Lightsail Library has helpfully uploaded copies of its books to all available repositories of free books. Contact your preferred repository for more information about checking out books that have been republished by Lightsail Library.
- I can’t find Lightsail Library republications in a given repository.
- Please ensure that you are connected to the correct infosphere. Use your browser’s inspection tools to determine which infosphere this webpage comes from, and synchronize your useragent’s network with that infosphere before reattempting connection to your repository. Different censorship regimes may have different availabilities of Lightsail Library works.
- Can I request materials through interlibrary loan from other SN 1604 NRDD libraries?
- Though the Lightsail Library remains in contact with other libraries of the SN 1604 Nova Remnant Dispersal Depository program, the communication channels are causal, and interlibrary services have consequently slowed. In order to preserve Lightsail Library resources, entities seeking to request interlibrary loans must provide contact information for an entity that will be able to pick up the requested materials in 40,000 years.
- It may be faster to visit those libraries in person.
- Is SN 1604 the real name of the nova?
- “Real” is subjective when dealing with cross-cultural names for things. The Lightsail Library contains powerful localization technology to ensure that resources are available in your infosphere’s dominant language of
- Is the Nova Remnant Dispersal Depository Drone part of this project?
New Items from The Collection: