Maratus Volans Head, version 4
Notes for an improved Maratus Volans head, building on experience from the previous three.
Revisions to make to the v3 model:
- Align eyes across the top of the lenses, to better match real-life spiders
- Raise and thin the underside of the cheekbones correspondingly, to make more room for the pedipalps
- Flatten the dome as much as possible
- Add explicit placement for the rear eyes, using cylinders of the appropriate size
- Six-segmented design
- Improve splayability to allow eye-cleaning
- Use 3d-printer filament for the fur on the pedipalps, so that the hairs are to scale
- Continue to use the v3 improved formulation of metallic acrylic superglued over plexiglass, then heated and deformed.